Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Revelations

In revelations that seem to come all at once (remember X Does Not Equal Y)?, I have learned much more about life.

Busy weekend.

Here's what I will share:

Always make sure to dust before opening up old cookbooks.

When cleaning your kitchen, make sure to not leave freshly-cut cantaloupe exposed.

Air conditioning is absolutely necessary in a second-story apartment in Fresno on a July afternoon. No matter how strong you think you are, you will be broken.

Mint juleps are potent. Be prepared.

I am not a fan of strategy games when I do not know the strategy ahead of time (see here). Also, I am not a fan of strategy games that go on for two-and-a-half hours. Ever.

While bug bites may not have the same social stigma as zits, they are, in fact, just as annoying. And, seven times itchier.

There is no getting around waiting at the DMV. Even its Website is in no hurry to help you.

When you are waiting for something, it just takes longer to get here.

Summer--and tomato season--means that I get to make awesome stuff like this.

It is really important to stay close to family.

Any weekend revelations you'd like to share? I'd love to hear 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment