Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quite Contrary

Dreams become reality here on the blog.

Not a month ago, I was discussing my hope to one day quite soon have my own piece of land on which to grow some actual food.

Ask and it shall be given to you.

We were over at our in-laws house this weekend to celebrate Stephen's birthday, and I got a gift as well.



My mother-in-law Sandy got me this herb box with basil and oregano ALREADY GROWING IN IT! I was totally surprised and super excited that I now own food that is still growing in the ground.

Er, dirt.

To prove to all of you that I can do it--that I can really keep the botanical bounty alive--I am sharing with you how I have nurtured this box for a whole three days.


This is where I keep the herbs. Notice that it is not in the glaring sun, nor darkness. The herbs look happy, don't they?


This is me watering the herbs. I water the tops and the bottoms, as directed. I also whistle as I do this, for full whimsical gardening effect.


And this is the clearance bistro set we picked up at Target that keeps the herbs company all day. I have yet to wave at all of the commoners in my apartment complex from this set...


...but it looks like the complex is waiting for me to do just that.

I'm very much looking forward to using these herbs in some meals very soon (and seeing them continue to grow!). Homemade pesto, anyone?

Oh, and if you want to be featured on the blog, you too can buy me presents.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment