Wednesday, February 2, 2011

30 for 30, Day 2: 6 More Weeks

I don't know what Punxsutawney Phil predicted this morning, but my assessment of the weather said that I would be OK if I wore a skirt with tights.

This is not my normal winter routine. My normal winter routine goes something like this:

1) Wake up.

2) Try to figure out how when asleep you felt fine, but upon waking your body temperature dropped to negative -12 Fahrenheit.

3) Stay in bed 17 minutes longer than you should.

4) Get up and put on your j'denim of choice, some Uggs, and a sweatshirt.

5) Sit very still the rest of the day until you can crawl back into bed.

This 30 for 30 is really making me branch out.

Outfit In Theory.


The white button up, the gray "paper bag" skirt and the boots (a repeat from yesterday) are all part of my 30 for 30 swag. The tights are extra, but totally necessary.

Outfit In Practice.


I like the look. It feels really comfortable, and I think I look put together (despite that crazy red eye). It also makes me think, "I've had all these items forever. How come I never thought of this outfit before?" I guess that's the type of inspiration the 30 for 30 brings. Closet enlightenment, of sorts.

Side note: Sorry, but no matter what I do, I can't get that flash out of the corner of the picture. I think it's because I have my little-Canon-that-could on a shiny counter top and it keeps catching that reflection.

Or maybe it's a sign. Maybe summer is coming sooner than we think....

5 comments:

  1. Classic and chic. :)

    Tights are accessories so they're free game, same thing with scarves and jewelry.

    I've already thought of a few combinations that I wouldn't have without the challenge. That IS the beauty of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun with the 30/30 girl. not sure what i'd pick foe myself but for sure there'd be some tights in the mix, too cute! :)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the paperbag thing! I didn't realize my pants fit that category when I bought them. Now I love them even more. Once I had a blur in my pics but then found out my lens was smudged. Good times!

    Come join the Fashion Blog Flash Mob on Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing I thought when I saw this pic was... Oh, she looks confident in this. Then I read your first sentence... I like this look. It shows in your pic. Love this look on you. Super flattering. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all, for the wonderful comments. I think we'll be seeing something like this look again in the next 30 days. :)

    ReplyDelete