Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why Blog?

This blog has been a long time coming. For quite a while now (probably since the existence of blogs), people have occasionally brought up that I don’t have one.

I can write (usually), and should therefore scribble down what I can before I forget (which seems to be happening at an increasingly-faster rate).

Blogging just never quite interested me. I thought I would run out of things to say. I thought maintaining a daily blog sounded a lot like babysitting. I thought, “Who would read it? I can’t take that much time away from my mom!”

Things have changed.

As my position in life changes—truly transferring from a student into a full-sized adult/employee/wife has made me want to document the things that are happening in my life and that I enjoy the most. All of the ups and downs and intricacies will be fond memories in the future.

This record can also serve as a way to branch out. I can connect to new people with similar interests, or reconnect to those who I haven’t spoke with in years.

None of these are new attributes to a blog, but they are ones I am wiping the dust off of. After spending an entire year out of school and planning one day of my life, I have rediscovered all sorts of things that interest me that are worthwhile enough to document. Some might even be worth sharing. Matching wedding dress with table linens: no more! On to life!

And so, with lots to say, I begin.

Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment