Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Paying It Forward

Today, I am spending some time reading and thinking about paying it forward. While I've never seen the movie, I definitely understand the concept. Some might call it karma, and others responsibility. I just think that it is loving people the way we are supposed to by going out of our way and making sacrifices.

Over at Mental Floss, readers are recalling a time when a stranger took the time to show them one act of kindness. Even though I am having a hard time thinking of the last time a stranger went out of their way to do something nice for me, I am not disheartened. I am not taking it as, "No one in this town cares about anybody!" Instead, I am taking it more like, "Maybe I need to pay more attention to the ways I can help others. Really love them like Jesus does."

After all, Jesus beats a Haley Joel Osment movie any day.

Please enjoy all the stories! I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment