Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Look at St. Thomas More

A few years back, I was part of a college-age church group that studied the saints. Being in that group allowed me to realize that I really liked learning about the people who have walked on this earth and, despite personal and social challenges, offered everything they could to Christ.

We studied some pretty cool people in that group, and one of those cool people's feast day is today. That is St. Thomas More.

I can't truly begin to highlight all the awesome things about this saint (scholarly, witty, faithfully married, defended the Church, wrote "Utopia"), so I'm leading you to some sources should you be so inclined. I'll definitely be sharing more in the future about certain saints that have been a big inspiration to me.

St. Thomas More Wikipedia (but fairly accurate) bio here and some awesome excerpts and notes here. For a more (ha!) in-depth look at the saint, click here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment