Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Birthday Mysteries

Someone in my life (who may or may not have given birth to me) is celebrating a birthday on Sunday (that may or may not indicate that they have been alive for an entire half century).

This person in my life is also the most difficult person to shop for. In. The. World.

They don't need anything. No particular hobbies to speak of. No spas. No favorite restaurant. Doesn't wear jewelry. Can travel wherever they want on their own.

Knowing this person for my entire life is not enough to know what they want for their birthday, because they will say they don't want anything. It's nice knowing the gifts don't matter, but I say that for a fiftieth birthday, that just doesn't cut it. In addition, being low on funds might cause a summation of shopping stress that results in temporary immobilization.

Please help me.

1 comment:

  1. How about something that involves the two of you spending time together? A girl's day/ mom and daughter day:

    Pedicures
    Massages
    Lunch
    Martini's
    Movie

    :)

    ReplyDelete