Friday, January 14, 2011

Aging Gracefully

Yesterday I ran some errands, which included a stop at the grocery store. I picked up the normal stuff, and I also happened get some alcohol. No big deal.

When I got to the register, the cashier wanted to check my ID for the alcohol. I opened up my wallet to the clear-screened flap where my driver's license sits. The problem with my wallet, though, is that it blocks part of my birthday. Month and day are clear as, well, day, but you can't see any of the year printed on the ID. The wallet block it.

I run into this problem everywhere, and waiters or cashiers always ask me to take my ID out so they can make sure things are cool. However, instead of asking my to take my ID out of the wallet to make sure I wasn't a lying, underage sneak, this cashier decided to guess.

Yeah, guess. (That's professional)

And...

He guessed 4 years before I was actually born.

I think both the 24-year-old version of Jen and the 28-year-old version of Jen are both still too young to be really offended, but I can't help but be concerned that on my thirtieth birthday, I'm going to look 45.

Anyone have any consoling words?

No comments:

Post a Comment