Friday, September 10, 2010

Free Fallin'

If you're anything like me (and I like to think that you are)...well, not clones or anything...just...similar....

...

Anyway....

If you're anything like me, with autumn approaching your neck-of-the-woods at a markedly-fast rate, you're scrambling.

Scrambling to get in your last summer activities. Scrambling through your calendar trying to find a day open for all these new fall events. Scrambling to find your fall and winter clothes under that super-organized grouping of very important fabrics packed quite nicely in your closet.

And if you're really like me, you're scrambling eggs for you and your husband for dinner. Gotta save those pennies.

Wait, come back! Don't let the cheesiness drive you away! I have links to clothes coming!

....

Thanks. I love you, too.

Mostly, to prep for fall, I'm trying to find my old fall sweaters and other clothes from the bundles and bags of my stuff scattered throughout my new apartment. It can be a task.

As a ploy to keep you from sitting down and truly dedicating actual free time ("free" time--ha!) to hunt down your autumnal attire, retailers are eager to get you into their stores to buy the latest trendy cool weather items.

I am trying not to fall for their tricks.

Tricks include "sales" and "clearance" and "essential fall colors" and "free snow globe with purchase" and "we carry your size."

While I might not be able to indulge in all of the new fall clothes my heart desires (remember, I eat eggs for dinner), I can probably still afford a new item or two this season.

Given my predilection for classic style over trendiness, and my impatience for the cooler weather to JUST GET HERE ALREADY, I will probably choose from:

Neutral colors: Last year, jewel tones and other rich colors were big. This year, you can stock up on this "trend" and build the basics in your closet at the same time. Looks like this and these should work well.

Jeggings: While the name is accurate, creative and utterly ridiculous all at the same time, I have to admit that there is some appeal to the versatility in this clothing item.

Polka dot: It's all about* leopard and red this fall for most of the trendsetters out there, but I can't get over the cuteness factor of polka dots.

Scarves: Great for cooler weather. I like this and this.

Fun shoes: I would like a pair of colorful flats. Can anybody find cute loafers?

Blazers: Which will likely never go out of style. More casual, blazer-related items are also a fav, like this, this and this.

Cardigans: Like this one...paired with polka dots. Sorry, I can't help it.

What are your favorite fall trends? Do you have a least favorite? Either way, happy scrambling!


I don't get a kickback or anything from any of the retailers featured in this post (remember, I eat eggs for dinner). I just like their stuff.


*Wow, I cannot believe I just used that phrase. It's written down. It exists on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment