Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Father's Day

Most of you probably know that Father's Day is this coming up on Sunday. Most of you are also probably trying to figure out what to get dad for Father's Day.

Not me. I have a dad who shows no shame in sharing exactly what he wants.*

"Dad, what do you want for Father's Day?," my sister asked openly. Mom gawked at the semi-callous attitude. Apparently this request is taboo.

"Oh, I want golf balls, and new golf shoes, and tickets to...," Dad replies, as I leave the room. I'm already covered. And really, he's pretty much happy with anything you get him.

You know who else is pretty much just as open/cavalier in sharing what kind of holiday gifts they want, and is just as happy when they receive anything? Children. It's kind of a relief to know that nothing will be a bomb, and that he will genuinely appreciate anything we give him. He's just happy we're there.

So, if you are not as lucky to have a Dad like mine, you might find some options here. I love you, Dad!

Is anybody having trouble finding a Father's Day gift?


*This is nothing like shopping for my Mom's birthday, which will be discussed next week. Totally opposite end of the spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment